The owner and constructor of Palazzetto di Marmo, Luigi Benvenuto, was a roman marmorario who moved to Castel Cellesi and built the house in 1906. Unable to expand horizontally, he decided to construct a building with three floors. Luigi and his beloved wife Maria rest in the burials grounds located on the hills of the village.
The current owners acquired Palazzetto di Marmo in 2013 and have used three years for extensive repairing and renovating of the property.
The house was equipped with modern technology to match the requirements of today, including central heating, Internet with Wi-Fi, satellite-TV in all the rooms and adjustable led-lighting. The renovating and renewal has been done with a respect for the original atmosphere and style of the house – Old marble elements have been refurbished and the sanitation facilities as well as the terraces are crafted to perfection by Fratelli Marmo.
Palazzetto di Marmo is located 150km from Rome, approximately 1:45 - 2h car drive away.
The shorter route from the north side of Rome headed to E35 and E45 towards Castel Cellesi has occasionally very dense traffic, especially during the weekends. This is why the route that goes by the coast along E80 is recommended most of the times.
The coastal road also provides beautiful scenery while you head towards the lovely and historical region of Tuscia.